Tuesday, November 13, 2007

HW 33: Respond to a Podcast, Challenges at a Girl's School in Bahdad

I am responding to Challenges at a Girls School in Baghdad. The series title is "Alive in Baghdad. The link is Challenges at a Girl's School in Baghdad. The main focus of this podcast is about getting a decent education. In this series they interview a few girls who are in the eighth grade as well as their teachers. The questions are pretty basic and pretty normal such as how far their school is from their home and if there are any type of explosions that occur near their home as well as around their school. This podcast really made me think because one of the girls explains how her school is extremely far from her school and her parents even try to discourage her from going because it is difficult to get there each day for school. The walls of the girls school are very plain and this podcast is most likely filmed in the girl's school as well as in the streets of Baghdad. In America, I know that I especially take my education for granted. Most days I wake up and I don't even want to go to school, let alone get a good education. It seems that my education is something that was given to me and by no means has a significant affect on me. However, going to school and getting a good education is crucial to getting a job when you're older. I can't imagine what these boys and girls have to go through. It really makes me appreciate my education and the life I am living so much more. It is gratifying to know that I am so blessed.

No comments: