Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Hw 17: Favorite Blog Post of the Week

I browsed through the posts of the last seven days on my list of three, "Blogs I'm watching" and chose to read posts on Jezebel's weblog at http://jezebel.com/. On her weblog I came across one post in particular about celebrities. Jezebel's is mainly about celebrities or Hollywood and all of the gossip that goes on related to it, which is mainly why I am interested in her site. The title of the post I found most intriguing was, "Britney Spears Chooses Starbucks Over Court-Date." The post described how Britney Spears has lost custody of her two young boys, Sean Preston and Jaden James. " After three hours in court (Kevin Federline showed up, Britney Spears did not) a family court judge decided that Kevin will retain custody of the kids. For now Britney is allowed monitored visitation. There will be another hearing on Oct. 16." (Jezebel) It was sad for me to read the post because it seems that so many of the celebrities that we are meant to look up to as young people are failing us. I will admit that I was a huge fan of Britney Spears and her music when I was a teen, and even up until recently. However, it wasn't until all the recent news and scandalous things that she has been doing that has really turned me off from her. In the post, other people commented on what they thought of her as well, for example, Perez Hilton who is a noted celebrity trash talker. "Is Britney checking in to a Caribbean rehab facility this weekend," he jokes for how calm she could be at a stressful time like this." I completley agree with him. You would assume that with her world falling apart, and now, losing her kids, Britney would have a wake up call and try to turn her life around. Is their hope left for this fallen star? Only time will tell but for right now, the light at the end of the tunnel seems to be barely visible.

No comments: